9 useful tips to prevent your car from being stolen
According to the Insurance Bureau of Canada, a car is stolen every six minutes on average in Canada. Modern built-in security systems make auto theft more challenging yet it costs Canadians more than a billion dollars per year. Vehicle theft is on the rise these days, but taking a few steps can make your car a less appealing target to the burglar.
- Roll up windows & lock doors: Never leave your car open & always roll up the windows of your car & lock the doors before leaving it. This act of yours will ensure the safety of your vehicle.
- Never leave the keys of the car or your car running unattended: Make sure that if you are leaving the car, it should either be locked or there should be someone reliable to take care of it.
- Go for additional security features: You should always go for some additional security features like car alarms. Lug nuts are low in cost and they make it difficult to remove and steal tires and rims. Never forget to lock your car’s steering.
- Always hide your valuables: Make sure you keep your valuables in the trunk of your car rather than keeping them on your seat, this will also make your drive safe.
- Always park in a safe area: Always park your vehicle in a garage. If you are parking your car on the street, try to park in a well-lit area with foot traffic. If you are parking in an unfamiliar neighborhood, then it is always better to park it in a populated parking lot where there is an attendant or security camera.
- Get a security camera installed: If possible then you should always get a security camera installed at your home. This is a good way to keep an eye on your car & also on the people who are moving nearby your place.
- Install a tracker: A Tracking device can be used to locate and recover a vehicle. It sends signals to the police or a monitoring service in the event your vehicle is stolen.
- Get an immobilizer for your car: An immobilizer is an electronic security device that only starts the engine if the correct key is present. This prevents thieves from hot-wiring a vehicle to start its engine.
- Go for insurance coverage: Insuring your car is the best way to keep it safe. Whether you met with an unwanted accident or anyone stole your car an insurance policy will always help you in any condition.
We hope these tips help you to keep your car safe. If you have not got the right insurance for your car then contact us today, we will help you out to pick appropriate car insurance that suits your pocket.